Newbie from Stoke On Trent!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
xmalc
XM newbie
Orga / RP numbers: XM 2.1 TD VSX, W REG

Newbie from Stoke On Trent!

Post by xmalc » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi all, I'm Malc, out of the 100's of motors I've had, I'd never bought an XM even though I've always liked them, I took the plunge nearly a couple of months ago, and have just picked up a second yesterday! Both of mine were bought through ebay, members on here noticed them and posted links across to ebay. My first is a 2.1 td vsx auto, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6272, it came with a massive service history, it's a tidy car, and all the windows, seats, sunroof, and cruise control work perfect. I love driving it, suspension works superb, however, I not a fan of the auto box hence that's why yesterday I bought this, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6402. As it turns out, it has a Service book full of stamps from a Citroen garage, and I will be contacting them shortly to see if they will inform me of the work they have completed on the car. Mechanically, it is excellent, engine, box, suspension all appear excellent so far, however as it is an XM, there are electrical jobs to do as the sunroof likes to grunt at me when I press the button, and the passenger front window refuses to respond when I press the switch! I've been reading posts on here about these problems, so will be looking into them soon. Without you guy's on here with all your knowledge, I wouldn't have bought an XM so thanks very much for your help. I'm sorry I've taken so long to introduce myself, but computers are not my forte, and you wouldn't believe how long it's taken me to write this. I will upload some photo's of my pair once they are clean, and I've taken some pic's, and believe me, the black 1 looks far better in pictures than it does in real life! Hope the links work to, never done links before!!.....

Rommel
Has changed a sphere or two

Re: Newbie from Stoke On Trent!

Post by Rommel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Welcome Malc!

That TCT did look like a bit of a bargain and I was wondering who'd snapped it up.
Quite a change going from a 2.1 diesel Auto to the 2.0 petrol Turbo I expect.

This is a brilliant forum and the friendliness and willingness to help with advice are second to none.
Looking forward to pictures of your new purchase.

Rohan :)
Rohan
ES9 V6
Previous:
2.1TD Exclusive Orga 6668
2.5TD VSX Estate

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Another stoke on trent member .. isnt lanky tim also in stoke on trent!?

MALC you must come to our 25th Rally for the XM end of september, 20th at Telford. . Cosford raf meauseum..

I was eyeing the manual up too.. very rare now the tct manuals.. most got puggerised and scrapped remains.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Mk5rjs
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Mk5rjs » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum... 2 in 2 months; you must be smitten!

Rory
YDZ 4522 XM 2.1 TD Manual VSX RP7287 "Helene"
N310BDP XM 2.1 TD Auto Exclusive RP6974

xmalc
XM newbie
Orga / RP numbers: XM 2.1 TD VSX, W REG

Post by xmalc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm a fool when it comes to cars Rory!! I saw the 25th Rally posted on here when I was looking yesterday, I really hope to be there, even if I'm in the worst 1 there! My mate's parents used to have BX's new, then when the XM came out, the bought one of the very first on a G reg, ex demo from Parkhouse Citroen in Newcastle Under Lyme, (not there now), it was £21000 back then. It was a 2.0 SEI with the leather, air on and everything, my parents had a Mk1 Astra 1300 at that time, so the XM made quite an impression on me. I'll be selling the Diesel soon, just got a couple of jobs to do first, and I'll keep the TCT, but if I spot a very tidy s1 at the right money, I can see another coming my way!!

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Ill most defo be there but im sure your car will be tidier the my v6 24v manaual s1 that ill be bringing with me..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

citsncycles
Knows how to use the parking brake
Orga / RP numbers: RP 5709 - Turbo SD

Post by citsncycles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:46 am

I'll add that depending on what time I have to work on it, mine may give you a run for its money for being the worst, although as it's on 245k it may be one of the higher mileage ones there too.
Mike Sims
Mk1 XM Turbo SD
Lots of other Citroens, including 3xBX, GS, Visa, Dyane, Dyane Nomad, 2CV, HY pickup.
Also Land Rovers, Trabant, DKW cars, Honda, Ural, CZ, Mobylette and Puch motorcycles, and lots of bicycles and tricycles.

lankytim
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by lankytim » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:27 am

Bit late to the party, but yes I'm in Stoke!
1996 XM 2.5td Exclusive- veg oil powered. (Now scrapped:)