New owner of XM VSX Estate R267PGF

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Costadelglosta
Can find the S1 radio

New owner of XM VSX Estate R267PGF

Post by Costadelglosta » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:29 am

Hi

I am the new owner of R267PGF, the blue XM estate that I picked up from Sam the weekend before last. Thankfully the collection trip back to Cheshire was uneventful, fuel consumption was not too bad and I enjoyed the "magic carpet" ride. There are a few small jobs to do on the car over the next few months, mainly fixing a few small bits of trim, and reinstating the sun roof which is sealed up at the moment.

I am still getting used to the myriad of switches and guages on the XM as my other daily car is a 1991 Pug 106 XN which is very no frills.

I have a few questions and perhaps forum members can help me with these;

- The car idles at around 900rpm - is this the normal idle speed for a 2.0 petrol turbo (XU10JTE?)
- I can change gear on the auto box without holding in the button on the selector handle - I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen - how hard is it to fix?

Cheeky I know but I'm also looking for a few parts;

- n/s front headlamp washer nozzle cover
- n/s front wing trim with chrome strip
- sunroof motor and whatever linkages needed

All answers/offers gratefully received! Hopefully I will master posting pictures on this forum shortly!

Thanks Ed

messerschmitt owner
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: New owner of XM VSX Estate R267PGF

Post by messerschmitt owner » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:41 am

As the first forum member to have the car, tell Sam off for losing the headlamp washer cover as it left mine with two.

It did idle around 900 when I owned it

Can't remember about the gear lever but would guess it is a simple fix on that you need to change the handle over.

The sunroof cartridge is a standard webasto part so check for cits and pugs in the scrappy. I have a working one but it's heading into my estate at some point

Have fun with r267 as it's a great car.
Image[/url]
IMG_0865 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

Costadelglosta
Can find the S1 radio

Post by Costadelglosta » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Campbell, still got the chain block I collected from you in Longlevens! The XM really is a revelation, I prefer it over any other car I've ever been in. Comfort and relaxation unsurpassed! One question - where can I get the washer nozzle covers - it's really annoying!

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

You need to check if the jet body is complete and undamaged.
The cover just clips on but does not normally get lost unless there is something amiss with the jet body.
davetherave from Norwich way makes and sells them.
Contact is normally through here but not seen him about recently.

John

beko1987
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by beko1987 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Welcome!

:oops: yes, I did loose a washer cover, most of it was in the cubby box when it left me though...

Glad you're enjoying her, I have missed her several times already, although the fuel economy of the ZX is hard to beat. Would give anything for the ride again though, maybe a 2.1td is on the cards!

Still not found the sunroof motor though, and if the weathers as bad up your way as it is here I'd leave the sunroof sealed up for now!

(Was thinking about her earlier actually, and thought "I wonder if it's on here yet', and voila!
2.0TCT VSX Auto Estate (without leather)

captainhaddock
XM Guru

Post by captainhaddock » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Get a 2.1 TD, Sam! :)

beko1987
Has changed a sphere or two

Post by beko1987 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Not ruling it out, sadly their only going up in value!

Have to say, it is nice to go back to carefree, snotter motoring that does 250-300 miles a week on £35 and I don't care where I leave it!

Not even washed it yet, nor replaced the wing! Is suprising how fewer people seem to rush up to the very edge of junctions as I pass though...
2.0TCT VSX Auto Estate (without leather)

citsncycles
Knows how to use the parking brake
Orga / RP numbers: RP 5709 - Turbo SD

Post by citsncycles » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:08 am

Timex, My BX estate, is bent all down one side, plus the other front wing and back door, as well as the doors covered in gaffa tape to hide the rusty edges, and it's amazing how easy it is to win in those scrabbles for the last parking place in a super market car park. I find people are reluctant to park next to it too!
Mike Sims
Mk1 XM Turbo SD
Lots of other Citroens, including 3xBX, GS, Visa, Dyane, Dyane Nomad, 2CV, HY pickup.
Also Land Rovers, Trabant, DKW cars, Honda, Ural, CZ, Mobylette and Puch motorcycles, and lots of bicycles and tricycles.