2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bugger

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
rustytractor
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: 2000 V6 Blower motor of full -1st problem in 2 years-bug

Post by rustytractor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Yes, I'm still blown away.

Now I'm in "XM repair mode" I'm going to tackle all of the silly jobs, most of which have needed fixing from day one. These are:

1. Repair Radio/info display - missing pixels.
2. Fix non functioning front passenger door window (bad connection)
3. Grease stiff/sticking sunroof (only just started playing up)
4. Replace rocker cover gasket (very very slight weep which drips onto the exhaust and then burns off with faint smell)
5. Investigate why car doesn't always settle when switched off and why I get the odd "Hydraulic Pressure" error (at least I think that's what the dodgy display says)
6. Get a/c working (hopefully just needs a re-gas)
7. Investigate why on the odd occasion she doesn't start first turn of the key - if this happens she takes ages to start and semi floods. The previous owner warned me that this was an issue since he bought the car new.

Other than the above the car needs nothing. 133k miles, uses no oil, pulls like a train, fantastically comfortable and a joy to drive. I'm used to talking to people in the traffic and in petrol stations etc due to the classic cars I own but my other half finds it amazing how many people comment on the XM. It's not a classic as such but gets lots of attention and positive comments.

It's a funny old world.

Bertie-Bassett
Has changed a sphere or two
Location: May I just say? That's a smashing blouse you have on.

Post by Bertie-Bassett » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:55 pm

:lol: Image :lol:
citroen xm 1994.

Bet your all wearing smashing blouses.

xantia_v6
XM Guru

Post by xantia_v6 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:56 am

You might want to start a new thread (or rename this one) but here are some hints for your #4...

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=37551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 7&p=407078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For your #7, one of my Xantia V6s had a similar issue, it started fine when cold or hot, but after sitting for half an hour, you would have to churn the starter for about 3 seconds, wait a second and then it would start immediately. I believe it have done it from new also. ECU readings looked fine on Lexia, never did track it down.
1999 XM Exclusive V6 24V ES9 Manual (LHD) 105,000 km
1997 Xantia Exclusive V6 (RHD) 45,000 miles