New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
kingp
Could do a 2.1 headgasket

Re: New Member

Post by kingp » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:17 pm

Pretty sure the front accumulator was past it but could be the centre hydractive sphere needs replacing.

The boxes on eBay I think are sold by someone who is very knowledgeable about citroen suspension but before jumping to that its bet to diagnose the spheres. Westroen in Manchester do a spheres replacement service so taking the need out of getting dirty on the car to do the job so maybe they would be worth the first port of call.

The front end knocking is something new and could be anything from a worn bush to a driveshaft but the only way to tell will be to get it up in the air ideally or over a pit and have a good poke around, could even be as simple as a loose wheel bolt but best to check everything on it while it's up in th air if you can.

Getting the fuelling sorted out would be my first thing though as that's probably going to be the simplest job of the lot!

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Knocking at the front is usually the ARB drop links.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

raynoon
Could do a 2.1 headgasket
Orga / RP numbers: 6043

Post by raynoon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 am

Thanks lads, I'll get the fueling sorted today, and then take it from there.

**Update** removed the fuel pick up, the gauze was blocked, cleaned it up, replaced it and still wouldn't start. The after market alarm armed itself, and I don't have a fob! I swapped over the fuel filters again and it started. Took it for a quick spin round the block and it seemed fine, just needed to find the alarm ECU and get rid as the hazards were flashing.
Found the ECU, disconnected it then took the car for a long drive, picked up speed great on the motorway, Autobox worked well, no un-necessary down shifting,
1993 Citroen XM 2.1 turboSD auto
1995 Citroen XM 2.1TD Auto EXCLUSIVE