Hello Everyone !

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Pshemsky
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Hello Everyone !

Post by Pshemsky » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:43 am

White Exec wrote: Do a search for "F2 replacement" [engine bay fuse] on the forum, and you'll find all the details about the burn-out of this fuse.
F2 controls the AC/heating/blower. When it goes, amongst other things, the digital temp display on the dash disappears.

You can try a temporary replacement (might need to wiggle it), but it will have also burned the fuse contacts.
This fuse is best replaced with a new external fuseholder and 30A fuse (some later cars had 40A).
Full details in the many posts.
Thank You Chris for sending me into right direction. As You said there was a loads of information and explanations of that problem. Now I understand and know little bit more about my XM. I was happy to find out that mine was sorted by previous owner (didn't realise what it was till read some of posts suggested by You):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... W42bW9QZ0E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... 3RtektBZmM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... 0xiRXNuVGc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, that been sorted and that's why got temp displayed on dashboard and blower works...but only partially. There's still issue with blower and i think it could be a control module (wont blow when switched to windscreen direction :/ If I'm lucky and got a right information from Davetherave may have one for me (and few other bits and bobs :]
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Re: Hello Everyone !

Post by White Exec » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:54 pm

No problems; as you say, lots written about F2.

The (bagged up) green item in your photos is the ABS relay, if I'm not mistaken. Amongst other things, it controls the operation of the ABS warning light on the dash. It is one of the relays at the front end that can suffer from weather, and its external (and even internal) contacts can get dirty, and need cleaning.

The usual replacement for a burned-out F2 is an external fuseholder, spliced into the wiring that leads to/from the original F2. This will probably be found bobbing about under the engine bay fusebox, not far from that green relay. I can see a red fuse in your pix that's been dropped.

Do try to locate the replacement F2 fuseholder and fuse. As your display etc is working, I'd hate to think that someone might have done away with the F2 fusing altogether: this would be a risky thing to do in this high-current circuit.

Guess that the loose red fuse in your pix is just a dropped spare!
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003