Hello Everyone !

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Bertie-Bassett
Has changed a sphere or two
Location: May I just say? That's a smashing blouse you have on.

Re: Hello Everyone !

Post by Bertie-Bassett » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:57 pm

You'll love it even more when you take ownership :lol: enjoy and good luck xm ing.
citroen xm 1994.

Bet your all wearing smashing blouses.

Bertie-Bassett
Location: May I just say? That's a smashing blouse you have on.

Post by Bertie-Bassett » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi. Did you get that xm yet ?
citroen xm 1994.

Bet your all wearing smashing blouses.

Pshemsky
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Pshemsky » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:56 pm

No, not yet. Because repairs done to window motor, climate control backlight and middle console button didn't cost me that much I've decided to repair a driver seat too. Should be ready by Fri :]

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

Pshemsky

Post by Pshemsky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 am

OK. Finally collect XM on SUN. Didn't have much time to check it completely, but one thing I can say straight away - LOVE IT.
I will start new topic in user's cars but just few quick question (sorry but all my experience been build on Xantia).
1. Is much firmer on road (steering and suspension) compare to my Xantias - is it normal for XMs. Seems to be much heavier but sticks to the road like glue :)
2. When locking/unlocking car by remote there's no reaction in lights ? Does lights suppose to flash quick twice, stays on for while etc ??
3. During the driving I can hear some clicking noise (usually when turning) just like the when steering wheel getting into locking position - is it normal ?
4. Where the hell I can find a RP number ? Check around door frame and under the bonet but all I can get is Chassis nr :)

There's some photos of engine bay:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... kpET3V1eWM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... 3BRbk1YWHM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... DdXamVRcTQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... 2hCOEpmWlk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've quite a few issue but as mentioned before get them all together in separate topic under my car's name.

PS: I definitely need to phone my insurance company and do some changes (3000 miles won't be enough - no chance!)
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:59 am

That 2.5 is either 1995 or 1996 model year.
It does not have the emissions upgrade that came in Aug 1996.
It is not a very early or pre-production 2.5 so was built later than Sept 1994.
Open the lid on the ECU box and count them.
If there are three ECU's RP is pre 6741, ABS is Bendix.
If there are only two ECU's RP is 6741 or later and the ABS is Teves.
An early check must be on the Aux belt and its tensioner.
These are no longer available but are a regular failure item.
Any gouges in the felt underside of the bonnet over the belt will tell you if previous owners had belt troubles.

Wish you all the best with the car.

John

Pshemsky

Post by Pshemsky » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:17 am

xmexclusive wrote: Open the lid on the ECU box and count them.
If there are three ECU's RP is pre 6741, ABS is Bendix.
If there are only two ECU's RP is 6741 or later and the ABS is Teves.
Thanks John. Do you mind if I ask where you getting these informations from ?
I'm guessing that ABS is Bendix... right ?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwMDv ... URYNlBhVWs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
xmexclusive wrote:An early check must be on the Aux belt and its tensioner.
These are no longer available but are a regular failure item.
The last time when belts been replaced and tensioner renewed was 08/2011 when car had 127100 miles on clock. Now got just under 150 000 so not that far ago.
Regards
Przem
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Post by xmexclusive » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:55 pm

No you do not count the little tiny diode fix box as that is an aftermarket addition.
Is there another ECU underneath it?
Cannot see clearly in the photo.
The ECU nearest the back of the box is the suspension ECU.
The next one forward is the Engine ECU.
If there is no ABS ECU in the front slot of the box, it is Teves ABS and is a post 6741 XM.

The information comes from a long term interest in 2.5 XM's.

PM me the last few digits of the VIN and one of the Mods will look up the build date and build spec.

Bodge was perhaps the wrong word to use for the front window repair.
The parts for a correct factory repair are very difficult to obtain and may not be available new.
Costs were very high as well.

John

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Pshemsky wrote:OK. Finally collect XM on SUN. Didn't have much time to check it completely, but one thing I can say straight away - LOVE IT.
I will start new topic in user's cars but just few quick question (sorry but all my experience been build on Xantia).
1. Is much firmer on road (steering and suspension) compare to my Xantias - is it normal for XMs. Seems to be much heavier but sticks to the road like glue :)
2. When locking/unlocking car by remote there's no reaction in lights ? Does lights suppose to flash quick twice, stays on for while etc ??

Check fuse 34 in the fusebox in the passenger side footwell.
This controls the deadlocking...I wonder if the lack of flashes when locking/unlocking is to do with that- coincidentally this fuse is also connected with the Hydractive suspension system so if you are lucky, it'll be blown and replacement will solve both problems. A long shot but stranger things have happened! Very easy to check...30A fuse.

And enjoy your XM (sounds like you already are).
Rohan
ES9 V6
Previous:
2.1TD Exclusive Orga 6668
2.5TD VSX Estate

Pshemsky

Post by Pshemsky » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Rommel wrote: Check fuse 34 in the fusebox in the passenger side footwell.
FUSE 34 is ok. So maybe someone been messing around with wires but it's not the end of the world ;)
Instead of that I found something else -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMDv4 ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When bough my XM I was told that A/C not working. I've looked on AC fuse and you can see that something happened to it in the past. I'll try to replace fuse tomorrow and check results.
Had a nice 300 miles trip today (X Rally) and found another issue - coolant/water level. Top it up 3 days ago but today after 150 miles level drop down even more. Put another 0,5l bottle and had no problems on way back. Need to keep eye on it for next few days. Haven't seen any leaks on my driveway.
Regards
Prem

XM 2.5 TD (1996)
Xantia 2.0 HDI (2000)

+ Mitsubishi Grandis
-
Gone with the wind...
Xantia 2.0 HDI (1999)
C5 2.0 HDI (2003)

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 am

Pshemsky wrote:When bought my XM I was told that A/C not working. I've looked on AC fuse and you can see that something happened to it in the past. I'll try to replace fuse tomorrow and check results.
Do a search for "F2 replacement" [engine bay fuse] on the forum, and you'll find all the details about the burn-out of this fuse.
F2 controls the AC/heating/blower. When it goes, amongst other things, the digital temp display on the dash disappears.

You can try a temporary replacement (might need to wiggle it), but it will have also burned the fuse contacts.
This fuse is best replaced with a new external fuseholder and 30A fuse (some later cars had 40A).
Full details in the many posts.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003