Hello!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Pibbow
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Hello!

Post by Pibbow » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:36 am

Well its been a while since I last posted and the world sure is a different place now. Sorry I've not contributed much but from this point on I plan to sort the few issues prior to a full repaint!

During lockdown I tried to find out where my sunroof drains were blocked but without my full tool kit I was apprehensive to dig too deep into a strip down of the headliner to allow removing the complete unit as the sunroof has not worked or years! As we head towards the autumn I plan to resolve this once and for all as I can't really use the car at all incase I get caught in the rain. Just wondering if there is any way to open the sunroof without a total strip down or the manual winder key as the whole thing seems siezed ( rusted cables I presume)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:58 am

Hi Peter.. I'm not sure why.. I missed your original first post.. Not sure why..

I'm another avid xm nut having had... Well lots.. I've still a container full of early xm parts.. Interior mainly but I'm in the middle of moving and still have a lot to go through..

What an interesting read and a supurb model. I had a couple of V6s. My first was a white Si v6 auto.. Which I swapped for a J reg black V6 manual (it had been converted).. The gearbox started making noises then so I changed it for a 1992 K reg v6 Sei auto which I put lpg on and simply loved it..

I'm now due to a few changes down to one S1, car of my own a 2.1td auto. Which I can spec up to what ever I like having all the bits to do it..
I also have use of a S2 2.1td auto exclusive.. Which recently as in 2 years ago had an autobox swap by me because it stopped going forward.. Anyway that's another story..

If you need anything. But sounds like you won't shout.

Malc orme is a good one. Knows his stuff..
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:07 pm

If you can open the sunroof to the tilt position you can unscrew the glass section and check the front drains, rears may be a it of a challenge.

If you can't move the roof at all, it probably is due to rusty cables and will need the complete roof cassette dropping out to gain any access.

You might be able to move the roof using an allen key in the manual winder drive.
You are supposed to disconnect the clutch to open the roof manually, but might be able to use the motor as well for greater torque.

The drain tubes are accessible with the headlining out and roof cassette still fitted.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Pibbow
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by Pibbow » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:54 am

Cheers guys, I will keep you posted. Another issue yesterday I have a water leak and it seems to be coming from somewhere under the hydraulic pump??? Any ideas?

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:19 am

The heater matrix pipes run along the side of the engine from metal pipes to the back and along to the matrix input towards the drivers side. Either one of the pipes has split or the metal pipe has rusted through.

I have a decent set of heater pipes. They, are moulded together as a pair. I'm not sure I've got the metal pipes though however I've use an epoxy putty called Quiksteel with fantastic results before now.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

Stickfinger
Citrobics expert

Post by Stickfinger » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:59 pm

2nd the advice Re:QuikSteel ...with "hot" pipes I would use some very thin alloy over size pipe cut open then "folded back around" the QuikSteel patch to give some support when warmed and to act as a heat dissipator in the local area.