Hello!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Pibbow
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: Hello!

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:56 pm

MTXM wrote:I agree with Will that the early cars are the best and especially with a V6 and sei trim! In relationship to manual vs auto V6, I just cannot decide myself and love them both, hence my collection I guess, although if I was forced to choose one it would probably be the auto. Based on the RP number given, Pete's car was produced slightly before my two earlier rhd cars, but registered later as seemed to happen with many XM. There is more than a year between production and hitting the road, probably due to sitting in a dealership unsold and I note the registration area is London. As an early 1990 production model it will definitely have the exterior grey plastic trim and Italia alloys and all-black interior and red badge steering wheel. I also do like Memphis blue and the last car I broke was a 1991 auto in that colour. The mileage is indeed low and my 1992 model might come in second at around 75K! With regards, Matthew T.
Hi guys just going to try and add a couple of pictures now. I hope this works! ImageImageImage

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Pibbow

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Dean wrote:Hello Peter

Welcome to the forum, lovely story to go with a pretty rare early car with nearly no miles on it.
I'm not sure why the pump would seize, seems very unlikely. It does sound like a belt issue but if you do need a new pump it may be worth speaking to Pleiades and getting yours refurbished and fitted with a larger pulley if you need to go down that route.

If you are fairly practical then people here are more than willing to guide you through any diagnosis and repair to help you get the car going again.

Also interested to see some pictures, there are not many of these left and it could be the lowest mileage PRV6 in the UK and in a very nice and rare colour.

D
Thanks Dean, I won't be shy don't worry. I'll be a pain in the arse to you all within a few weeks.

Pibbow

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Pibbow wrote:
Dean wrote:Hello Peter

Welcome to the forum, lovely story to go with a pretty rare early car with nearly no miles on it.
I'm not sure why the pump would seize, seems very unlikely. It does sound like a belt issue but if you do need a new pump it may be worth speaking to Pleiades and getting yours refurbished and fitted with a larger pulley if you need to go down that route.

If you are fairly practical then people here are more than willing to guide you through any diagnosis and repair to help you get the car going again.

Also interested to see some pictures, there are not many of these left and it could be the lowest mileage PRV6 in the UK and in a very nice and rare colour.

D
Thanks Dean, I won't be shy don't worry. I'll be a pain in the arse to you all within a few weeks.

Guys I've just read back through my first post and I made a typo. I wrote it was written off when I was two years old ! It should have been , it was written off when IT was two years old! Unfortunately I'm far older than that, born in 1968!!!

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Many thanks for the photos Peter and the car does look quite tidy, although I fear that the back end will not have benefited from squatting in the hedge! I cannot be sure from the main shot, but it does look like an retro-fit sunroof car, which would be confirmed by single rather than twin interior lights. The pump is definitely original and of the early type and you need a 666mm length belt. Please do keep us posted on your progress and any advice and/or parts required! With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

Pibbow

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:53 pm

MTXM wrote:Many thanks for the photos Peter and the car does look quite tidy, although I fear that the back end will not have benefited from squatting in the hedge! I cannot be sure from the main shot, but it does look like an retro-fit sunroof car, which would be confirmed by single rather than twin interior lights. The pump is definitely original and of the early type and you need a 666mm length belt. Please do keep us posted on your progress and any advice and/or parts required! With regards, Matthew T.
Thanks for the belt info I'll order one tonight. It's not sitting in a hedge don't worry just the camera angle. It was a factory fit sunroof unless someone did a rea pro job in its first two years. I'll check the interior lights later and post a few more photos.

Pibbow

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Pibbow wrote:
MTXM wrote:Many thanks for the photos Peter and the car does look quite tidy, although I fear that the back end will not have benefited from squatting in the hedge! I cannot be sure from the main shot, but it does look like an retro-fit sunroof car, which would be confirmed by single rather than twin interior lights. The pump is definitely original and of the early type and you need a 666mm length belt. Please do keep us posted on your progress and any advice and/or parts required! With regards, Matthew T.
Thanks for the belt info I'll order one tonight. It's not sitting in a hedge don't worry just the camera angle. It was a factory fit sunroof unless someone did a rea pro job in its first two years. I'll check the interior lights later and post a few more photos.

Hi again Matthew what thickness should the belt be ?

Pibbow

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Pibbow wrote:
Pibbow wrote:

One more question for now. I want a good battery for it any recommendations including correct amp hour and dimensions please?

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:42 pm

A Yuasa YBX3096 (12v 75Ah 650CCA) will cut the mustard. Available everywhere.
Battery size is 096.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

Dean
Global Moderator

Post by Dean » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Pibbow wrote:
Pibbow wrote:

Peter, the belt should be a 666mm X 10mm for your pump

D
92 Citroen XM Prestige 3.0i Auto R.P5678
14 Mitsubishi L200 Trojan
89 Talbot Express 2.0 coach built Auto-trail Chinook

Addicted to Crackanory

Pibbow

Post by Pibbow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Dean wrote:
Pibbow wrote:
Pibbow wrote:

Peter, the belt should be a 666mm X 10mm for your pump

D
Thank you, can I use a higher than 75 amp hour battery? There is a lot of engine to turn over and a shed load of electrics to run?