New from Spain!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
adrian_tpt
XM newbie

New from Spain!

Post by adrian_tpt » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:29 am

Hi everyone!
My name is Adrián, and I am writting from Spain (as title says... :) ). I can hardly write in English , but it's "good for my health". :lol: :lol: I'll try.... :geek:

A short time ago that I launched this forum: http://www.clubcitroenxm.com/
Formerly there was no forum in Spanish dedicated to our model :roll: .

In Spain there are not many XM fans... but the few that are, are good. :mrgreen:

I would like to introduce my Xm... This is "Moneca Brava II" (impossible to translate the name :lol: :lol: )

The monster-owner.... :mrgreen:

She is a very brave 98' V6 24v :geek:

[youtube]kAGTo_HUCW4[/youtube]

See you soon! :D

robert_e_smart
Global Moderator

Re: New from Spain!

Post by robert_e_smart » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 am

Welcome Adrian,

Your car looks excellent, and a V6 Manual! There will nbe a lot of Jealouse people here.

Robert
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
2008 Volvo V70 D5 SE Lux Automatic
2009 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Automatic

Jan-hendrik
XM Guru

Post by Jan-hendrik » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:27 am

I would like to introduce my Xm... This is "Moneca Brava II" (impossible to translate the name :lol: :lol: )
Welcome to the club!

The vehicle is female, no doubt.
Does the name imply this is your second XM, or do you have another Moneca, a real woman? (You don't have to answer that)
Could the name be translated as 'Wild Moneca, Temperamental Moneca, or Passionate Moneca? ;)
2000 XM 3.0 V6 24v Exclusive Auto Vert Vega - 86k km LHD RP8569

Ciaran
Site Admin
Orga / RP numbers: 1234

Post by Ciaran » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:03 am

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the forum. That is one sexy looking XM, a late S2 V6 manual, Robert's right, we'll all be jealous (well, those of us who aren't lucky enough to be Andrew, Jan, or Derek! :lol: )

Ciarán

DerekW
Knows how to use the parking brake

Post by DerekW » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Adrian; in my case Ciaran is wrong, I am jealous. Not of the manual gearbox - I'm well content with the autoadaptive 4HP20 autobox - but that gorgeous blue colour and the "wobbly web" wheels in place of Jan-Hendrik's Monte Carlo "sausages" :D.

But that whopping great V6 badge on the front wing is a giveaway, I think I prefer the understated "Exclusive" badge. It doesn't give the boy racers any warning of what they're up against :lol:.

My son-in-law asked distainfully what was exclusive about my car. I told him that as there were less than a hundred in the country they were more exclusive than Rollers, Aston Martins and Ferraris.

Derek
2000 V6 Exclusive, black. RP 8362
2004 C3 Exclusive Sensodrive,the wife's. She doesn't like it.
1995 ZX 1.8 auto, the latest replacement, she loves ZX's. Peace at last.

adrian_tpt
XM newbie

Post by adrian_tpt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:42 am

robert_e_smart wrote:Welcome Adrian,

Your car looks excellent, and a V6 Manual! There will nbe a lot of Jealouse people here.

Robert
When they want to give them a ride in it :D Bad thing is that is a bit distant.... but in XM any distance is small ;)
Jan-hendrik wrote: Welcome to the club!

The vehicle is female, no doubt.
Does the name imply this is your second XM, or do you have another Moneca, a real woman? (You don't have to answer that)
Could the name be translated as 'Wild Moneca, Temperamental Moneca, or Passionate Moneca? ;)
Thanks! :)
Certainly, is female. We call my girlfriend "Moneca Brava" (when angry is dangerous... :lol:)... Could be translated as "Wild Moneca" 8-)
Ciaran wrote:Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the forum. That is one sexy looking XM, a late S2 V6 manual, Robert's right, we'll all be jealous (well, those of us who aren't lucky enough to be Andrew, Jan, or Derek! :lol: )

Ciarán
Thanks! :)
If you call sexy, she blushes :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol:
DerekW wrote:Hi Adrian; in my case Ciaran is wrong, I am jealous. Not of the manual gearbox - I'm well content with the autoadaptive 4HP20 autobox - but that gorgeous blue colour and the "wobbly web" wheels in place of Jan-Hendrik's Monte Carlo "sausages" :D.

But that whopping great V6 badge on the front wing is a giveaway, I think I prefer the understated "Exclusive" badge. It doesn't give the boy racers any warning of what they're up against :lol:.

My son-in-law asked distainfully what was exclusive about my car. I told him that as there were less than a hundred in the country they were more exclusive than Rollers, Aston Martins and Ferraris.

Derek

You are right!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
V6 badge is like a claim for "street racers" :twisted: them if they are really jealous :lol:

See you soon!! :D