Blody Glovebox

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
citroenfa
Can find the S1 radio
Orga / RP numbers: 5LIN461

Blody Glovebox

Post by citroenfa » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello all from sunny and quite warm Southern California where the current temperature is a cool 38.8C. My new problem is that the two plastic catches on the glovebox lid are kaput. What is the trick in getting that thing out of the dash. The forward and aft screws are out (4). I read somewhere else in the forum that it just took 'brute strength to remove - but that scares me more than a bit when working with plastic components in the 30 year range that have been subjected to So Cal weather. The release taps for the glove box lid are just fine as is the gas strut. The other question is it possible to remove the lid without removing the entire box? It seems the hinge pins are more than likely a press fit. Is it possible to lever them out so just the lid liner can be replaced. I really do not want to screw anything up using brute force.

Take care - Steve in Sunny So.Ca.

xmexclusive
Global Moderator

Re: Blody Glovebox

Post by xmexclusive » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:05 pm

Two hinge pins are push fit, push out but from one end only.

citroenfa
Can find the S1 radio
Orga / RP numbers: 5LIN461

Re: Blody Glovebox

Post by citroenfa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 am

That is what I though but wanted to make sure. Thank you for that info - will attempt to remove when the weather cools a bit. Right now in the process of repainting all of the body panels for my 69.5 !D 21 Break :)
Steve