Another XM says hi from Spain!!!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself / your cars. Also have a look for any frequently asked questions and information.
Jaki1122
Knows how to use the parking brake
Orga / RP numbers: 5909

Re: Another XM says hi from Spain!!!

Post by Jaki1122 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:22 am

Dieselman wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:14 am
The ticking noise is likely to be the pump. The noise is normal, but not the frequency of the occurrence.
A lot of ticking indicates the accumulator sphere is low on pressure.

The lhm level indicator on the tank should be so the brass mushroom is between the red rings when the car is at the highest setting.
Either the tank is so full the indicator never drops, or the float is stuck.
It is a simple float on a rod. The unit clips into the top of the tank on a bayonet fitting.

If the ride feels soft, the suspension spheres should bo Ok.
Thanks for the tips, still haven't done anything with the hydraulics mainly because of procrastination... I mean work. Work that is. Today it didn't wanted to go to the "normal" drive height after being lifted up to the "high" driving position, it only went when I stopped the engine and the pressure dropped. I'll flush all LHM, clean the system, all the filters, fix a tiny leak it has and then run some LHM cleaner (don't remember the exact name).
I'd like the car to be a bit softer, ride is amazing as it is now, but still can feel lots of the bumps, so probably in the long run I'll change all the spheres as well if the ride doesn't get any softer after all cleaning has been done. And of course, I'll keep an eye on the accumulator sphere.

Jaki1122

Post by Jaki1122 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:26 am

Today I installed a couple of S2 headlights, looks amazing now. Lightning still no the best, but it has some cheap Chinese bulbs, I'll be dressing that soon.
Also I got an original cable for the 13th window, still in its original packaging, so that's what I'm doing tomorrow. I now I'm slow as an snail but eventually I'll get there.

I also need to find 3 knobs for the A/C panel and the little slider, some switches for the window regulators, hazard lights switch, the "stop" button on the dash and an electric armrest motor, chassis and switch. And while we are at it... I've changed all bulbs of the dash, but even so, the A/C panel retroilumination is really not bright at all, only visible when really dark. Is that normal? I need to check if this has been discussed somewhere else.

Anyway, that's a little update on the project and my headaches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dieselman
Global Moderator

Post by Dieselman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 am

I didn't know the 13th window chord was available as a spare part.
I just use 3 or 4mm shock chord.

The heater control panel lights are routed though the dimmer control, try it on max brightness to see if they are brighter.

If the ride is generally soft, the spheres are probably Ok.
With hydractive, you will feel small, sharp, bumps ot lower speed, due to the stiffer dampers.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:44 am

Hydraurincage is the system cleaning fluid. Avalable from Citroen parts counters, pt.no. 1 135 001, 5-litre.
1 x 5L is enough for the job. Run the car on it for 1500-5000km.

The best H1 headlight bulbs found so far are either Philips X-treme, or Osram Nightbreaker.
Both are standard 55W, but much brighter. Go for the white versions, rather than the blue.
Some fake versions around, but Amazon sell the genuine ones, amongst other places.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

Jaki1122

Post by Jaki1122 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 am

Little update on my project so far, because I barnfind an Austin Countryman 1300 (manufactured in Spain) AND because Covid has taken an important bite on my finances. However, next month I expect to be able to buy all the parts I need so I'll take the engine down, change clutch, main engine seal, timing belt, the other belts, water pump, bearnings, AC compressor (if needed, still have to check that), all fluids (including gearbox oil), fix the damn gear selector and so on.
I don't want to have the car dissassembled more time than needed, you probably understand why. So as soon as I got all I need changed, off it goes! Also, a friend of mine has a kit for polishing and restoring paints... sure the XM WILL get that treat as well :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaki1122

Post by Jaki1122 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 am

Little update, most of the parts needed for my XM are on the way, expeting them to get here in like a week or so. Also, I took the driver's window regulator out to find out its pretty destroyed, so I'm going to source one of those.