XM V6 12v PRV Series 1.5 LHD with DIRAVI

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
And911
Can find the S1 radio

XM V6 12v PRV Series 1.5 LHD with DIRAVI

Post by And911 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:23 pm

My Lovely XM V6 is now surplus to requirements so hoping someone on the forum would like to give it a new home.

Car is black with black leather (sinister, anyone seen Ronin?!), Manual, Climate, DIRAVI, no sunroof, 290k kms (180kmiles), RP6336. It is pretty tidy from 3 yards but the usual chrome / plastic rot spoils the bumpers and mouldings and the bonnet paint is decidedly matt in appearance.

I have used the car every week day from September 2016 to 4 weeks ago, now the local train service is back on I just don't need it
anymore. The car has never failed to start or complete a journey in my tenure. Also used for a few longer trips at weekends and moving house 18 months back. It rises effortlessly on it's suspension and drives extremely well given it's age and mileage.

The car originally came my way from Georgy on this forum who had spent 100's of hours and a small fortune on the suspension and water pump, thermostat etc all of which is documented. The reason he mothballed the car back in 2010 was the persistent exhaust manifold leak which is from the rear bank of cylinders and therefore extremely difficult to repair with the powertrain in situ. I did have some success with a temporary repair but this is now failing. To be honest with all the windows up it is barely audible inside the car and doesn't bother me but it would be a much nicer car with this fixed permanently.

MOT expired 31.08.2018 but passed the last 2 with no major headaches. Some items will of course require attention but this is a 25year old French car on the brink of extinction here in the UK! The 4x Continental tyres fitted less than 6000kms ago are still good, I also have receipts from Dave Ashworth in Blackpool who replaced some front steering and suspension bits last year.

Since parking it up (indoors) the A/C compressor has now decided to work intermittently and the central locking has given up although the keyfob still causes the module to respond in the car. I have neither the time nor inclination to resolve these issues at the moment.

So hopefully someone will fancy this as a running / driving project in constant use until 4 weeks ago. It is stored in my nice dry unit slowly gathering dust but it doesn't want to be sitting too long! Ideally I'd like it to go to someone with a track record for fixing and running one of these cars, this matters far more than the money really. On that subject please PM me if you'd like to get involved, suffice to say I'd like at least somewhere in the region of 2x the cost of the tyres please!

CAR IS NOW SOLD, THANKS FOR LOOKING
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by And911 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

onza100
Knows how to use the parking brake

Re: XM V6 Series 1.5 LHD with DIRAVI

Post by onza100 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Pm sent

MTXM
Citroen God!

Re: XM V6 12v PRV Series 1.5 LHD with DIRAVI

Post by MTXM » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:20 am

I was really sorry to hear that you are looking to pass on the car Andy but hopefully a suitable new owner will be found! The car is certainly a very desirable spec in black with leather and Diravi! With regards, Matthew T.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!

And911
Can find the S1 radio

Post by And911 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:53 am

Thanks Matthew, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the XM and will always be able to inform people just how good they are!
Your help and advice have been invaluable on this journey so many thanks and keep the flag flying for these fabulous cars.

Best Regards, Andy

MTXM
Citroen God!

Post by MTXM » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:52 pm

That is really kind Andy and it has been a pleasure to assist. I will certainly do my best to keep at least one XM V6 on the road during the foreseeable future! With regards, Matthew T. PS. I had meant to post these photos before and I remember that you also had an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1989 V6 Exclusive (Poland car) - Now living in a local Motor Museum!
1990 V6sei auto (grey auto)
1990 V6sei manual (gold car)
1990 V6.24 Pallas (Germany car)
1990 V6.24v (Scotland car)
Other previous XM sold and broken too many to mention!