Service Box Access

Selling off one (or bits :o) of your XM collection, or perhaps searching for those elusive headlight washer covers? This is the place to do it.
XMnation
Can find the S1 radio

Service Box Access

Post by XMnation » Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 am

There is a cheapish solution to the problem of access to Service box.
Like many of you I rely on the parts info to identify parts such as NOS on Ebay and was mightily miffed when the bean counters at PSA locked us out. I mean we only want the bit about XM parts I never had access to repair procedures and times etc. Now I went digging into my ancient CD box to find a cd rom of the Service Box circa 2013 era. I bought it before I used the web access to Service Box and had it installed on another long gone computer. Well I found it and hey presto Service Box on my PC. It's a real pain to load and takes a minute to start as the original system is made for Win XP. However on the disk after you winkle out the files using Winzip which I found out isn't free, there is a Windows Virtual program that it runs in. It took me two days to get it to work; files not found and various other computer speak things but it is there.
Ebay seller cdgcdg_3 seems to have it, but not UK based. £15 seems cheap enough. First part you buy using info off it will justify it's purchase. All I can say it's lovely to be able to browse XM part number at my leisure once again even if it takes a minute to load up. Plus it's got all the other cars from 1983 if you happen to own one of them.

Ian

Julianw
Has changed a sphere or two
Orga / RP numbers: 4937

Re: Service Box Access

Post by Julianw » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

I used to regard copyright as being a good thing, but when it came to the crunch and i couldn't get my hands on a legit copy of the Toyota Big Green Book for any amount of money, a totally hookie PDF version on CD for 15quid from eBay was my salvation. And when corporates like PSA pull this sort of revenue generating stunt, the same issue comes up, so thanks for this information - I can see me doing the same!