Erroneous messages multifunction display Citroën XM

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
Jarvis_C
Can find the S1 radio

Re: Erroneous messages multifunction display Citroën XM

Post by Jarvis_C » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Yesterday I disassembled the panel in the Turbo CT: another different reference for the collection, this is 96 156 259 80, and the same situation with the two spare screens that I have offering the wrong messages and one of them in German. The connector also has three pins without a cable and a dead cable. I don't know if it was ever tried to play by its previous owner. I was hoping that this car would replace one for another but it has not been.

Jarvis_C
Can find the S1 radio

Post by Jarvis_C » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:42 pm

The kit to fix the screen as I have been able to see in another forum, searching a lot, is a flat rubber cable, not the typical one that is sold on AliExpress that has the printed circuit lines, (I have even seen it with a minisoldering iron). I suppose that this other one that is put by pressure, without glue and is conductive on the entire surface, it is not necessary to square the filaments of the circuit. Anyway, I bought it, so when it arrives we will see it, but apparently it comes from France by normal mail and it will take at least three weeks.
Last edited by Jarvis_C on Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jarvis_C
Can find the S1 radio

Post by Jarvis_C » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:43 pm

Ah, pongo debajo el enlace al foro donde he visto lo del kit de reparación y que vienen también algunas fotos para desmontar el panel y extraer la pantalla por si a alguien le sirve también.

En el 2.1 TD tengo desmontados todos los paneles, por arriba y por abajo, las tapas, y quité hasta el propio volante para acceder mejor a ciertos tornillos, pero ayer, en el Turbo CT, anduve más fino y pude sacar la pantalla desatornillando la carcasa que aloja el panel de testigos y la botonera horizontal sin desenchufar nada, y luego la que está por encima del cuadro de instrumentos, (y ya de paso he aprovechado para dejar todo bien limpio, jeje). Para extraer la pantalla sin desmontar todo el conjunto ya es un juego de habilidad, hay que tocar en el sitio adecuado, por debajo, ya que tiene unas pestañas que la unen al resto y va muy bien sujeta.

https://citroen.tramontana.co.hu/en/ele ... hd-display

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:55 pm

The repair using the conductive rubber strip is straightforward, and usually a complete cure for the missing pixels.
The contacting surface (edge) on the glass display needs to be perfectly clean, and you might need to insert a little extra packing to obtain a good pressure seal.
The illustrated instructions that come with the repair strip are likely to be in French, but are easy enough to translate.

There are some posts on the forum about the repair and the repair kit.
Last edited by White Exec on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003

Jarvis_C
Can find the S1 radio

Post by Jarvis_C » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 pm

White Exec wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:55 pm
The repair using the conductive rubber strip is straightforward, and usually a complete cure for the missing pixels.
The contacting surface (edge) on the glass display needs to be perfectly clean, and you might need to insert an extra thin sliver of material (eg a piece of film) to obtain a good pressure seal.
The illustrated instructions that come with the repair strip are likely to be in French, but are easy enough to translate.

There are some posts on the forum about the repair and the repair kit.
Oh, so good. Hope I can repair screens then with it. I am very encouraged by your comment. As for removing the flat cable that is glued without damaging the contacts, what would be the recommendation?

White Exec
Citroen God!
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, Exclusive, Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime, Sable Phenicien
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Post by White Exec » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Have found the previous posts on the display repair.

The first "missing pixels" thread also contains a (not-so-good) translation of the fitting instructions...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5577=matrix+display#p61829

There was also another thread, where a L.H. matrix display with "bleeding" (de-lamination of the glass display) was repaired...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6284&p=72724=matrix+display#p72724

Hope helpful.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
1992 BX19D Millesime RP5800 Sable
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998..2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001..2003