K21 CEO Another project....(PICTURES RE-INSERTED)

The place to show off and tell us all about your XMs (or even other cars). Should it be a big project, or just some general pics, start your thread in here.
russ92xmsed
Global Moderator

Re: K21 CEO Another project....

Post by russ92xmsed » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:09 pm

That's good to hear it's in fine mechanical health.
Russ

1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5712
1992 K reg XM 2.1 Auto SED RP 5705 (D)
Also
2003 C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive

I sell Engine bay, 1990 COTY, Total & Club XM Sticker Decals
http://www.rjwcreativedesign.co.uk

raynoon
Could do a 2.1 headgasket
Orga / RP numbers: 6043

Post by raynoon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:59 pm

The spheres are for you Paul, they're the ones I bought from eBay that turned out to be flat, I thought you said you wanted them?
All 7 spheres on the car are new, I'm pleased to hear she gets your thumbs up too!
1993 Citroen XM 2.1 turboSD auto
1995 Citroen XM 2.1TD Auto EXCLUSIVE

kingp

Post by kingp » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 am

Good news Paul :)

The front brakes had the following work done in my ownership.

clean up of the calipers and slide pins, new genuine Discs, new genuine cables, cables correctly adjusted and all joints lubricated if needed(including the handbrake spindles on the calipers to ensure perfect smooth movement).

IIRC the front pads werent perfect but were far from worn and i still have another genuine cable and pads in the garage somewhere and maybe the spare speedo clocks if wanted?

The old spheres were cosmetically crud but the front rode very well and the back decently so if they are still about they would be perfect for regassing.

Im not sure if the pump or a fuel line weeped as its been a while since i even saw the car but something worth checking out if not already done and i think one glowplug was down but didn't affect cold starting too much.

The engine and gearbox show their mileage and the care they have had previously IMO as they are smooth and as you pointed out, quite nippy compared to some others, but i imagine thats how they felt when they left the factory. A bit of tweaking of the fuel delivery on the pump and she should fly even more.

The interior was good with the odd mark on the leather and the leather feeling dry to me so she had two treatments of gliptone but could possibly do with another clean and treatment to get it back in top form and with the AC working very well and having some not to old parts in the system should be fine for a good few years :)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:23 pm

When I first drove ceo the ride was atrocious and hard. The car has since had all new spheres and its transformed.

As for performance.. there is no need to make any adjustments.. she goes well enough..

oem cables on the parking brake shows well. The pedal is immensly light you would think there is nothing on the other end. But it holds perfectly.
Projects:(eventually if theres any bodywork left)
93 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
93 L xm V6 12v Sei Manual

Others
In use.. 1995 M reg S2 2.1td auto exclusive

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:30 pm

So a quick visit to the farm this afternoon after work and we now found out why the rev counter didnt work. It seems the one in CEO must have died. Pulled another out from the many and plugged it in...

hey presto. So ill swap that into CEOs binnacle and thats one job done.

ive decided.. hardest part first.. rear subframe mount areas.
then the front outriggers though tonight while poking around the nearside front jacking plate is urrmmm a bit loose to swing.. this is sometimes an idication that the supporting metal its welded to at factory is non exsistant. Or the outer cill is missing from around it.. all shall be seen when the wing comes off and full investigation is made.

Others

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Did a tiny bit today, put the clocks back together with working rev counter and all bulbs etc..

Swapped the Dash front panel that was broke in various places, but sadly not got a RH display clock. Got three with knackered LCD's, so if anyone has a Clock with temp that be great... S1 or S2 will do, just not a trip computer one.

Also, looked at the bonnet release as the cable was broke. A new one from speedy cables was suppiled but sadly would not do, the outer sheith was larger then the original, and ALSO longer, so there is not enough inner exposed when it was in place, the third problem the release tip for the lever was tooooo big to fit into the release lever, so I resorted to cutting a split in it, it was then after putting the cable in I found that the new one was completely useless.

I resorted to fitting one of mine out the shed, all fitted and now working perfectly!

I then while messing in the area of the bonnet cable I decided to remove the Air Cleaner and looked at cleaning the first of rust areas, which to me is a NEW area of rot... Its certainly the first Ive seen like this..

it turns out strut top and suspension turret top mounting point is solid, and the "Arch" section seen through the hole is also solid too, so Ill need to put in prehaps a double patch upper and lower... its soaking in Curerust tonight now..

Others

cxprestigeauto
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by cxprestigeauto » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:40 pm

She has certainly rotted in some interesting locations.

If it was a Mini, you would re-shell it!

Good luck my friend.

Rob
1991 XM 2.0 Si auto RP 4903 (12 April 1990) Alpine White
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip SZ5 Automatic 1.4 BoosterJet. White
1972 Banham Sprint kit car (Frogeye Sprite replica, really a Mini!)

citroenxm
Global Moderator

Post by citroenxm » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:05 pm

If it was a Mini, firstly, Id NOT be dooing it, secondly, Id be on my way to the scrap yard with it...

Others

cxprestigeauto
Citroen go-to-guy

Post by cxprestigeauto » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:38 pm

I turned my last rotten Mini into a Frogeye Sprite.

Much more interesting but not so good when it rains!!!!

Rob
1991 XM 2.0 Si auto RP 4903 (12 April 1990) Alpine White
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip SZ5 Automatic 1.4 BoosterJet. White
1972 Banham Sprint kit car (Frogeye Sprite replica, really a Mini!)

raynoon
Orga / RP numbers: 6043

Post by raynoon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:19 am

You're making excellent progress Paul, shame about the Speedy Cables replacement.
1993 Citroen XM 2.1 turboSD auto
1995 Citroen XM 2.1TD Auto EXCLUSIVE