Window regulators, Help needed

Off topic chat about anything you like. Doesn't have to be about XMs (though they will inevitibly come up!). You can even discuss non-Citroens :o in here!
Post Reply
Woodie
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Window regulators, Help needed

Post by Woodie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi folks some help and advice needed.

My window regulator cable has let go Matthew came over tonight with a replacement or so we thought but it is totally different, (see picture, Matthews replacement is on the left) from the plug onto the motor and some kind of regulator attached to it, the slider also is different... Matthew being expert in the series ones had thought the regulator he brought with him was a series two, but has not seen one like mine before. Now mine is a late model car 1998 so i do wonder if its the same as a xantia regulator, maybe someone can help shine some light on the mystery or even has a replacement...
Thanks in advance Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

User avatar
White Exec
Citroen God!
Posts: 5080
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:38 pm
Orga / RP numbers: RP7165
1996 2.5TD saloon, manual, Polar White
Location: ex-Ealing, Cheshire, W.Sussex & Surrey. Now living in Sayalonga (Malaga, Spain)

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by White Exec » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 pm

The one on the right is Driver's door, with one-touch and anti-pinch control module.
One on the left is for other doors, without these facilities.
Chris
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive RP7165 Polar White
2003 RAV4 D4D 2.0 5dr LHD Silver WORKHORSE
1989 BX19RD Delage Red Deceased; 1998 ZX 1.9D Avantage auto Triton Green Company car 1998-2001; 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto Wicked Red Company car 2001-2003

citroenxm
Global Moderator
Posts: 8134
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 am
Location: North Wales - FAR far far away!!! :-p

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by citroenxm » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:04 pm

No they are not the same. DO NOT FIT a xantia one.. Although the regulator frame won't fit in the door either.

Citroen changed the drivers one twice in mk 2 cars. The one touch changed twice so you need to be carefull the year model you get the replacement from. However with a bit of enginuety you could even get rid of the mk 2 harness in the door and fit a mk 1 harness and stronger mk. 1.winder unit. But yuo need to know a bit of electronics and understand wiring diagrams..
1990 H reg V6 24v Manual .. in progress.. on SORN
Projects:
92 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
Others
07 c5 2.2 hdi 173bhp manual

Woodie
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by Woodie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm

citroenxm wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:04 pm
No they are not the same. DO NOT FIT a xantia one.. Although the regulator frame won't fit in the door either.

Citroen changed the drivers one twice in mk 2 cars. The one touch changed twice so you need to be carefull the year model you get the replacement from. However with a bit of enginuety you could even get rid of the mk 2 harness in the door and fit a mk 1 harness and stronger mk. 1.winder unit. But yuo need to know a bit of electronics and understand wiring diagrams..
Thanks i will try and repair the broken wire, but the wiring harness replacement might be of interest in the future if i cant do it myself, i know a man who can... Do you have a diagram ?
Richard

Woodie
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by Woodie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:24 pm

White Exec wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 pm
The one on the right is Driver's door, with one-touch and anti-pinch control module.
One on the left is for other doors, without these facilities.
Thanks that clears up the strange connector
Richard

citroenxm
Global Moderator
Posts: 8134
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 am
Location: North Wales - FAR far far away!!! :-p

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by citroenxm » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Haynes has the diagram in the manual..
1990 H reg V6 24v Manual .. in progress.. on SORN
Projects:
92 L Xm 2.1t D auto project
Others
07 c5 2.2 hdi 173bhp manual

Woodie
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by Woodie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:03 am

Finally repaired the winder mech, using cycle gear cable cut to the right length and welding and crimping two stainless ferrules it now works yahooo... went together easy....... Not.... But we now know how it goes at least
Cheers for all the imput guys
Richard

Dieselman
Global Moderator
Posts: 10866
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by Dieselman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:07 am

A good and cheap fix, there. Cycle gear cable will be stainless steel, so unlikely to be a problem again.

if affixing the ferrules is difficult, simply knotting the cable works just as well.
92 2.1SED M.RP5740 ECZ Sable Phenicien
92 3.0 V6-24.Rp 5713 EXY Black
92 2.1SD M.RP 5685 ENT Blue Sideral
Prev
90 2.1SD M.RP 5049 EJV Mandarin
92 2.1SD A.RP 5698 EJV Mandarin
94 2.1SD A.RP 6218 ERT Triton Green
91 2.0SI M.RP 5187 EWT White

Woodie
Knows how to use the parking brake
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Re: Window regulators, Help needed

Post by Woodie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:43 pm

Dieselman wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:07 am
A good and cheap fix, there. Cycle gear cable will be stainless steel, so unlikely to be a problem again.

if affixing the ferrules is difficult, simply knotting the cable works just as well.
I think someone had knotted the cable before and that is what had pulled apart by the look of things... Luckily i work in engineering so can get bit made and improvised :D
Richard

Post Reply